MOTORCYCLE RENTAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Our Rental Partners accept a valid driver’s license from your home country stating that you’re allowed to ride a motorcycle equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting. Please note that the state laws of which you are renting your vehicle from are the laws which are applicable for your rental.
PICKING UP FROM LOCATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES:
LICENSES ISSUED FROM THE UNITED STATES:
* Two-wheel vehicles: Motorcycles
All 50 states require some sort of motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license which is equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting.
* Three-wheel: Trikes
A three-wheel vehicle endorsement may be required
HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF ALTERNATIVE LICENSES THAT WE ACCEPT:
Licenses issued from the European Union (Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden):
* A1/A2 – Will allow you to rent scooters.
* A – Will allow you to rent motorcycles or scooters.
* B1 – Will allow you to rent three-wheeled vehicles.
Licenses issued from Canada:
* Class 6 designation – For all provinces except for Ontario
> > Ontario
* Class M1/M2: Will allow you to rent scooters.
* Class M: Will allow you to rent motorcycles or scooters
* Class M Condition M: Will allow you to rent three-wheeled vehicles.
Licenses issued from Australia:
* R-Date – Will allow you to ride scooters.
* R – Will allow you to ride motorcycles or scooters.
Licenses issued from Brazil:
* Category A - designation on your driver’s license to ride any motorcycle or scooters.
International Driver’s Permits (not required fort he rental):
* Although not required, it is recommended for all visitors with a license in a foreign language to obtain an IDP.
* International Driver´s Permits are only valid together with your national drivers license.